Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Helpful Hint for Missing Cats

When Goliath went missing, his guardian went to her local SPCA to search for her lost cat. One of the employees suggested something different that she could do, in addition to registering with PetLynx and all of the other steps she was taking to find him.

She suggested putting something familiar to the cat
outside to help lure him home -- such as his scratching post, litter tray or favorite cat bed. This can be especially helpful for indoor cats, not familiar with the sights and smells of the great outdoors.

"I put Goliath's scratching post outside as soon as I got home from the SPCA," explained Peggy. "Twenty minutes later I went outside to call Goliath and shake his bag of treats and I heard a faint meow... and there he was! He was in the backyard, hiding on the lower apartment's porch. I was ECSTATIC to see my baby boy back home."

"Thank you to PetLynx, the SPCA and everyone else who was concerned and helping me find my cat"

Peggy