Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Miraculously, Dory's home!

I wanted to thank you for this incredible web-site and the work that goes on behind the scenes to enable pet lovers like me and countless others to do everything possible to try to find their lost and loved pets.

I put her out to do her business as usual on Saturday night, about 9:30. She always just walks about 30 feet away, does her business, then is anxious to get back in again, usually whining at the back door. After 10 minutes of being on the phone, I checked the door to let her in, but no Dory. I went out with a flashlight and scouted around until midnight, driving up the long farm lane, into the fields...everywhere I could think of looking....no Dory. The barns were checked, upstairs and down, the garage, the woodshed.....nothing, not a trace. No barks, whimpers, nothing was heard.

I woke this morning with the idea of having one more good look through the waist high weedy field, taking my walking stick to thrash the path before me. No luck. Then as I walked back to the house, I heard a familiar yelp.....like a parent recognizes their kids voices, I too recognized the yelp of Dory. With my hat, glasses and walking stick, she was unsure as to who I was when I walked up to her, and I could hardly believe my eyes! She was stressed and thirsty, but ever so glad to see me and come in the house to flake out.

So, I want to thank you and all those that you work with there, for the PetLynx site. After filing a lost dog report with you, I had 3 alerts within a few hours, none of which were Dory of course, but the help your site offered was incredible! Thank you!

I don't know how much longer we'll have Dory with us, but we're thankful she's home again, none the worse for wear, nothing that a fresh bowl of water, a good meal and lots of rest won't fix.



Thank you so very much! I'll be sure to tell others about your website.

Rejoicing today in a much loved pet's homecoming!

W in Caledonia


Local Service Providers: Hamilton Burlington SPCA, Hamilton Humane Society, The Cat Clinic, City of Hamilton Animal Control