Monday, August 24, 2009

Geriatric Cat Makes a Great Escape!

When Norma K. discovered that her 21-year-old cat, Skeezix, had escaped from the safety of her back yard she was frantic with worry.

"There is a cat control bylaw in Edmonton, so Skeezix and my other cats are only allowed to go into the secured back yard," explains this Edmonton resident. "Somehow, he managed to dig a hole under the fence and escape. I think he was unhappy because we had just taken in a third rescue cat."

To add to Norma's distress, she lives on the edge of a ravine and says that she can hear coyotes and foxes at night. "I was afraid that Skeezix would make easy prey," she said. "He is old and doesn't move so quickly any more. I was also worried because he needs daily medication and I knew that he would get sick very quickly without it."

Norma says that she discovered PetLynx when she went to the Edmonton Animal Control website and they had a link to our site.

"It was a huge relief for me to have something to turn to so quickly," says Norma. "Petlynx helped me get information out, create posters, search my local animal shelter. As importantly, it helped me feel like I was doing something proactive, other than fretting and wandering the streets calling for him. I truly appreciate your service!

Norma added that using the Petlynx service reminded her just how important it is to have up to date, close up pictures of animal companions - just in case they get lost!
"Skeezix" Age 21. Photo by Norma K.

Local Service Providers: Edmonton Animal Control