Friday, February 19, 2010

Lost your pet? Don't give up hope!

We adopted "Haley" from the Arizona Humane Society last November. She soon became our much-loved little princess. Although she has been kept as an indoor cat, she managed to sneak outside one day and was missing for almost two weeks.

I never gave up hope that I would find my beloved little cat. I went to the Dog Pound and the Humane Society to check for her every day. I also continued to walk through our neighborhood, calling her name every night -- sometimes until 1:00 in the morning. (My friends and family thought I was crazy but I didn't care!) I also left my arcade door open a crack, just in case she came back on her own. Guess what?! She did come back!

One morning I woke up to a familiar meow. It was Haley! My family and I were thrilled that she had returned on her own! Although it was not a factor in her recovery, we were certain we would eventually get Haley back because she has a pet identification microchip that was implanted by the Humane Society. Please ,if you every adopt a pet, make sure you get the chip put in or, if they don't offer it to you, ask for one. This chip provided us some peace of mind.

If you have lost your pet.... I hope that our story helps give you hope!

Thank you,
Cammie Lynn H.