Wednesday, August 14, 2013

It takes a community to find a cat

This story came to us earlier this month and is a great example of how communicating with your community can keep pets safe. 

My cat went missing evening of July 30th.  We moved to a new community and have lived in this area 2.5 months.  The houses look very similar from the outside and would be difficult for him to find his home.  He is an indoor cat.  I posted posters in the neighbourhood, knocked on the doors of our neighbours, talked to dog walkers, joggers, people out walking to keep an eye out for Pedro.  I contacted an emergency animal hospital and gave them my poster.  On Aug. 3 my neighbour knocked on my door saying I think your cat is in the neighbour's yard.  He was meowing at their backdoor thinking it was his home.  I was so grateful when I looked over the fence to see my Pedro looking back at me.  Very thankful that I spread the word and spoke to my nearby neighbours.

No comments:

Post a Comment