Monday, December 13, 2010

Lost Cat Returned to Family after 2-1/2 Months

Another heart-warming HomeSafe story!

Saturday evening of the Labour Day long weekend I saw an orange cat hanging around in the dark in a big parking lot at a mall. I happened to have a can of cat food with a flip lid in the car, so I laid an open can down for him. He scurried right over and gobbled it up.

The cat was so hungry I knew that he must be lost... so I took him home, kept him safe in my garage, then posted his information on PetLynx and Kijiji. I knew I couldn't keep him as I already have three cats of my own.

If I couldn't find the owner, I had planned to take him to a neighbourhood vet clinic on Tuesday morning. On Monday, I received a welcome phone call and at 7:00 that night a man came over and identified the cat as 'Oliver'. His family was ever so grateful to have him back as he had been missing for two and a half months and they had assumed their much loved cat was dead!

I have since heard back from the family and was relived to hear that Oliver had settled back in nicely. Thank God for PetLynx! I had never used this service before. We have rescued and found homes for a number of cats over the years.... but this time it was so easy because of PetLynx! God bless you for your filling a much needed void the SPCA just can't match! 

Hooray! Deb E.
Calgary

Posted by Terri Perrin, Online Communications Editor

No comments:

Post a Comment