Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Lost, then Found, Thanks to PetLynx

Asha is a 9 year old, Shih Tzu but she looks and acts like a puppy. She has come to work with my husband and me since we opened our office in 2005. Our patients have come to expect seeing her as soon as they walk through the door, and as you might expect, Asha looks forward to seeing them, too

The day Asha went missing from our office was, by far, one of the worst moments of my life. We have had Asha since she was a puppy and I panicked at the thought of never seeing her again. Of course, worst case scenarios immediately ran through my head!

In addition to searching the neighborhood, I submitted my lost pet claim through the Hamilton-Burlington SPCA website, which connected  us to PetLynx. Low and behold, after putting Asha's information and photo online, an  Automatch came up. The first match was not our Asha but, 10 minutes later, there she was!  My husband and I raced to the SPCA to claim our dog.

Suffice it to say that without PetLynx, we likely wouldn't have had such an immediate response or the relief in knowing our dog was safe. Losing a pet is incredibly stressful,... beyond explanation! We have a great deal of respect for this network. We are so incredible grateful to have or beloved Asha back HomeSafe! Thank you once again.

Michelle and Sheldon S.
Posted by Terri Perrin, Online Communications Editor

No comments:

Post a Comment