Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Dog parks are a blessing

I grew up in Calgary and still consider it my home as I spend as much time there as possible. From my very first dog (20 some odd years ago) I can remember living beside an off-leash park and being able to take him there. I had NO idea what a privilege that is until this year's Regional Conferences tour. I was talking to a gentleman from Ontario and he was telling me how proud his city was to have just created their second off-leash dog park. "Second?!?!?!!!" I thought, this municipality he was taking about was huge, how did they only have two!? Even the actual small town of 12,000 people I live in has two!

So I went home and did a little research on how privileged I really am to consider Calgary my home. Calgary.ca has a webpage devoted to it, Dog off-leash areas in parks, and there are 28 parks with off-leash areas in the North West alone, most with more than one area per park! Talk about privileged!

In light of this I decided the best thing I could do is get out there and enjoy one of them while doing a little photo essay on the parts Squish and I loved. 

Please enjoy.





The road up the big hill, it stop there.
Nose Hill, Calgary, AB
Nose Hill, Calgary, AB







From the middle you can't even tell
you're in the city.
Nose Hill, Calgary, AB



Squish!
Nose Hill, Calgary, AB

Yes, the crocuses are JUST coming out here.
Nose Hill, Calgary, AB










Nose Hill, Calgary, AB

This pond is seasonal but after a long walk
it's a great break. Squish's first time playing
fetch in the water.
Nose Hill, Calgary, AB
Back at the start and you can tell there are
porcupines here.
Nose Hill, Calgary, AB

Lisa Milton, Squish's Mom,
@summitLisa
lisa.miltonwork

No comments:

Post a Comment