Friday, May 23, 2014

It's the end of Dog Bite Prevention Week

How did you do? At the beginning of the week I challenged you to teach one person how to approach a dog. I was failing at this until yesterday during my dog walk. A small boy saw us walking by and was desperate to pet Squish and after my reading this week I was able to teach him the best way to do that. Luckily Squish loves children so even the 'elbow bump' this kid wanted to give her was ok, "but only with her" I told him.

Because they are smaller and less knowledgable children are often the ones experiencing dog bites and as such I wanted to see what resources were out there. After some quick Googling I came across dogsandkids.ca and it has some great resources for parents, kids and dog owners. I really encourage you to take a read through and use some of it's content for any kids you might know. Not every dog is willing to accept an 'elbow bump'!

Lisa Milton, Squish's Mom, @summitLisalisa.miltonwork

No comments:

Post a Comment