Monday, August 16, 2010

Little Bird Lost .... HomeSafe, Thanks to PetLynx Poster

Dear PetLynx;

My name is Jonas and I am a cockatiel. My family was heartbroken when I got scared and flew out the door ... and they couldn't find me. A pet is part of the family and they missed me so much!

The next day my guardians gave the City of Hamilton Animal Control a copy of the 'Lost Bird' poster that they printed using the PetLynx website.

Even thought I am just a little bird, I flew 5.26 kilometers across very busy roads and survived a summer storm. I was soooo scared! Thankfully, a loving family found me in their backyard and rescued me. (God bless them!) They called the nice people at Hamilton Animal Control and were given my guardian's contact information -- thanks to that poster!

Thank you to all who helped me, and who showed their compassion to my 'parents' when I was missing.
I extend a huge 'Thank You' to the loving family that found me and the little girl who loved and cared for me while I was lost. I am safely back at home and happily doing all my tricks .... but I don't think I will fly out the door again! 

I want to tell everyone who reads my story is that it is so important to report a lost pet as soon as you notice it is missing! [Go to www.petlynx,net.] And, if you find someone's pet, please, please, please call your local SPCA and Animal Control Centre! There is a family that is so very sad because their beloved pet is missing.
Love Jonas      
Hamilton, Ontario

Posted by Terri Perrin, Online Communications Editor

No comments:

Post a Comment