Tuesday, August 31, 2010

'Toast' Pops Up to Enjoy Some Iams Cat Food!

'Toast' is the epitome of the ideal cat – pleasant, affectionate, patient and quiet,  with an expression of satisfied contentment 24/7. She pops in and out all day, but one afternoon earlier this summer, I got concerned when I hadn’t seen her in a few hours.  I called her name and my son and I walked the neighbourhood looking for her. There was no sign of her anywhere!

I went on the Parkland County Animal Control website. They have a link to the PetLynx website and I registered Toast as missing. In the meantime, we also placed ads in the newspaper and put up posters in the neighborhood. After seven days, Toast returned. She looked relaxed and somewhat mystified by the elated reaction of my son and I! To celebrate her safe return we opened a can of tuna fish and I went out and got a bag of IAMS (her favourite cat food).
Toast is now back to her comfortable routine, hanging off furniture like Christmas icicles from the tree, out-running and out-jumping our dog (Mesa) and generally enjoying the lazy summer days.

Thank you for letting us register our lost cat on PetLynx.  It was good to know we had so many resources at our disposal, such as the local newspapers, the pound, posters and Petlynx. 

Regards,
Ellen Green
Spruce Grove, Alberta

Posted by Terri Perrin, Online Communications Editor

No comments:

Post a Comment