Friday, March 26, 2010

Missing Molly Home Again

Glenda W., of Brantford, Ontario, was devastated when she was told that her much-loved 10-year Australian Shepherd had a massive tumor in her stomach. Soon after the diagnosis, the dog had to be put to sleep.
"I missed my dog very, very much and I wanted to get another one," said Glenda. "I had the idea that I would adopt a smaller, less hairy dog. Considering that I spend a lot of time with my young niece and nephew, I knew I needed a dog that was well-mannered. I found Molly, a Great Pyrenees cross, at the Hamilton/Burlington SPCA." 
Despite the fact that Molly was NOT small, she was very friendly and gentle with the kids, who had accompanied their Aunt to the SPCA.  Glenda says she just had to adopt her. Just days after going to her new home, the dog slipped out an open gate and took herself for a walk!
"I felt so bad that I had cared for my other dog for 10 years and never lost her!" explained Glenda. "To have Molly only a week and then have her gone was awful. Fortunately, however, I had read the information I had received from the SPCA and I registered her with PetLynx soon after I  brought her home."
As soon as Gelnda noticed Molly was gone, she made a couple of quick phone calls and then sat at her computer to log in to Petlynx and flag Molly as being lost. Her phone rang almost immediately! It was a woman six blocks away saying she had found Molly.
"I had put the PetLynx ID tag -- which contains the Petlynx website -- on Molly's collar ," explained Glenda. "The lady saw the tag, logged into the site and got my phone number. Needless to say.... Petlynx works!  Molly was only missing about three hours but thanks to Petlynx I have my new dog back."   


Posted by Terri Perrin, Online Communications Editor

No comments:

Post a Comment