Friday, June 13, 2014

I have a cat too!

Sun beams are a cat's best friend.
It's true, I have a cat. Two and a half years ago when my sister moved to Australia I was given her cat, Eden. I kept calling her 'My Sister's Cat' until about a year ago when my vet pointed out that if I had been caring for, feeding and living with said cat for more than a year, it was now officially my cat. Admittedly he had a point.

Eden is not really a normal cat in my estimation. First of all she is LARGE, to say the least. She has tried many diets and we've done blood work to make sure there wasn't a medical reason for it but she's just a fat cat, 18.6 lbs to be exact. 18.6 lbs of cat that knows exactly when you have a full bladder and exactly how to sit on said bladder to make it just that little bit more uncomfortable. Of course, you are now trapped under a fat, purring cat so getting up to relieve your poor bladder is not actually possible. I can say honestly that I believe she sits across the room and watches how many glasses of water I've consumed before calculating that my bladder must be full and as such, it's time to cuddle with the fat cat.
Waiting for Squish to run by.

Eden is not a fan of Squish. Squish hasn't figured out that she's bigger than Eden but she has figured out that Eden doesn't like her. Eden knows this and intentionally waits until Squish starts to play fetch in the house and then proceeds to hide until the dog runs by, at which point she runs out and screams at Squish. I'm certain Eden takes great pride in this 'game' of hers.

I do keep faith that they may some day tolerate each other. Every couple of days they can manage to cuddle me on the bed at the same time. It works, as long as no one moves or touches each other.
"You wanted to sit here?"

I can't say I'm a cat person by any sense of the term but I feel certain Eden and I generally have a mutual love/hate relationship, as long as there's food in her dish.



Lisa Milton, Squish's Mom,
@summitLisa
lisa.miltonwork

No comments:

Post a Comment