Saturday, May 29, 2010

Kitty HomeSafe After Three Weeks

I had noticed a very pretty, long-haired cat wandering in our neighbourhood for a few weeks and no-one seemed to know whom she belonged to. One day, I reached down to pet the cat and discovered that -- underneath all of that hair -- she was very thin. She acted like she was starving so I gave her some fish and she gobbled it up. I knew then the cat was genuinely lost.

I bought some cat food and continued feeding kitty for a few days. Eventually, I posted a "Found Cat" report on PetLynx and made a poster. Soon after, I received a call from a woman saying it was her teenaged daughter's 12-year-old cat. She had been checking PetLynx regularly and was trilled to find my posting. Their cat had been missing for three weeks!

It was a very emotional experience when they came to get their cat. The girl was so relieved that she had finally found her life-long friend she cried tears of joy! She was so thankful that she sent me flowers.
 
Thank you PetLynx for providing this service. I felt so sorry for the cat and it was helpful to have somewhere to turn to for assistance in locating her owners.


Evelyn K.,
Calgary, AB

Posted by Terri Perrin, Online Communications Editor

No comments:

Post a Comment