Thursday, September 23, 2010

One Cat, Two Cats, Black Cat, New Cat?

Look-a-Like black cats cause this pet family double trouble!


Nellie the cat went missing one Monday but it was day or so before this pet family realized it because their two cats look exactly the same, go outside at will and rarely hang out together. It was Wednesday morning before they realized they were missing one cat!

"I contacted the Animal Shelter who directed me to PetLynx," explained Margaret F. "I provided a description on PetLynx and got regular reports of similar found cats. I went to the Animal Shelter on Thursday to look at the cats there but didn't see our Nellie. However, the young woman at the Shelter told me of a black cat that had been found injured in my area and taken to a local veterinary clinic."


Margaret went to the vet clinic as soon as it opened the next morning. The black cat in their care seemed larger than Nellie and did not seem to know her. "If this was indeed our Nellie," said Margaret, "I figured she probably had some swelling from being hit by a car and was, of course, under great stress. I paid the vet bill and took her home on the basis that I could bring her back if she turned out not to be mine."

A couple of days later Margaret was sitting on the couch reading a newspaper and BOTH cats marched up  to her in tandem and starting squawking at her. They wanted to go out and that was when she knew for sure her cat had come back!

"I am grateful to PetLynx for their help," concluded Margaret F. "Previous to losing Nellie I had not realized this service existed. I had always thought that if a cat went missing and was not picked up by the city then it was ... just gone. Thank you PetLynx!"
Posted by Terri Perrin, Online Communications Editor

1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful story, I am so happy for you.
    My cat Pedro went missing almost two month ago, but no luck so far in finding him through PetLynx, Shelters, SPCA, Vet's, Local animal control etc. I am still hoping but are on my wits end.
    Silvia

    ReplyDelete